I worked for many years in a Human Resources and Training capacity, during which time I gained professional qualifications in HR. However, in 2009 I re-trained to become a hypnotherapist and counsellor. I now help people from all walks of life to overcome personal, emotional and psychological issues, assisting them to move forward towards a happier, healthier, more fulfilled life.
TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
I hold a Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills (Dip Hyp CS) and an Integrated Advanced Professional Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (Ad.Dip CP), both of which are accredited by The Royal College of Nursing.
I am a member of the General Hypnotherapy Register and the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and work within the Code of Ethics and professional standards of these bodies. I am in regular supervision and hold professional civil liability insurance.
Certificate in Hypnotherapy Supervision – ACCPH Validated CPD course. GHR Acknowledged Supervisor Training – 2018
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training – July 2017
- NLP Communication Skills – November 2016
- Parts Therapy Negotiation – 2014
- Treating Phobias using Cognitive Behaviour Hypnotherapy – 2014
- Working with IBS – trained by Dr. Melanie Phelps, Chartered Psychologist
- Integrated Advanced Professional Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Integrated Professional Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
- Short Term Anxiety and Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Working with Cancer and Pain Management using hypnotherapeutic techniques
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- Working with Clients in a Holistic Way – 1 day course – October 2013
I am also a freelance writer and have a number of short stories published in anthologies. I have also written a number of short plays and my greatest achievement so far is winning the finals of the Write Here Write Now playwriting festival in February 2020.
In my spare time, my passions are horse riding, dogs and the countryside.