I worked for many years in a Human Resources and Training capacity, during which time I gained professional qualifications in HR. However, in 2009 I re-trained to become a hypnotherapist and counsellor. I now help people from all walks of life to overcome personal, emotional and psychological issues, assisting them to move forward towards a happier, healthier, more fulfilled life.
TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
I hold a Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills (Dip Hyp CS) and an Integrated Advanced Professional Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (Ad.Dip CP), both of which are accredited by The Royal College of Nursing.
I am a member of the General Hypnotherapy Register and the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and work within the Code of Ethics and professional standards of these bodies. I am in regular supervision and hold professional civil liability insurance.
Certificate in Hypnotherapy Supervision – ACCPH Validated CPD course. GHR Acknowledged Supervisor Training – 2018
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training – July 2017
- NLP Communication Skills – November 2016
- Parts Therapy Negotiation – 2014
- Treating Phobias using Cognitive Behaviour Hypnotherapy – 2014
- Working with IBS – trained by Dr. Melanie Phelps, Chartered Psychologist
- Integrated Advanced Professional Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Integrated Professional Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
- Short Term Anxiety and Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Working with Cancer and Pain Management using hypnotherapeutic techniques
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- Working with Clients in a Holistic Way – 1 day course – October 2013
I am also co-founder and trainer with Indigo Inspirational Training. See our website for further details.
I am also a freelance writer and have had a number of short stories and articles published in small press publications. My greatest achievement so far is winning first prize in the Writers Bureau 2008 Short Story Competition.
I plan to write novels in the future.
In my spare time, my passions are horse riding, dogs and the countryside.